Botox & Dermal Filler Certificate
This comprehensive, 2-day hands on course in both Botox cosmetic/Botulinum Toxin A and dermal fillers is open to medical professionals including nurses and doctors who are interested in administering Botox and dermal fillers in private practice or in a medical aesthetic setting.
This course is offered onsite and online. Click on the link for the online version of this course. The in class onsite version of the course focuses on the theoretical and practical aspects of cosmetic injectables, including Botox, Dysport, Nuceiva, Xeomin and dermal filler injections. This course is open to medical professionals only, including nurses, practical nurses, physicians, and dentists who want to expand their knowledge and skills in administering cosmetic injectables.
Upon completion, you will be prepared as injector of Botox and dermal filler in the growing field of medical aesthetics. Career opportunities include: medi spa, cosmetic clinic, doctors office, dental clinic, plastic surgeons office, and wellness center.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the pertinent anatomy of the face, including musculature, blood vessels, and nerves.
- Prepare Botox Cosmetic for injecting.
- Inject facial musculature with Botox/Botulinum Toxins to produce relaxation of targeted muscles.
- Be aware of contraindication to Botox and dermal fillers.
- Assess the face for correctable rhytids, including glabellar lines, crow’s feet, gummy smile, forehead lines, bunny lines, and lips.
- Be aware and learn to avoid side effects of Dysport, Botox Cosmetic, Nuceiva, including ptosis.
- Inject the dermis with temporary hyaluronic fillers that may include Revanesse, Juvéderm, Teosyal, Stylage, Sapha,and Restylane in nasolabial folds, and marionette lines, vermilion border/ lips subject to client assessment.
- Identify and perform facial mapping areas to be injected.
- Be aware and learn to avoid complications of filler injections, including infection, hematoma.
- Scope of practice, and for nurses, the role of the medical director
- Optimize your business environment, including supplies, equipment, staff, and paperwork.
- Avoid costly common errors in Botulinum Toxins and Fillers Business management.
- Prepare an emergency kit specific to potential complications such as Tyndall effect and vascular occlusion
- Starting a business in cosmetic injectables or medical spa
- Use of Blunt tipped Cannulas versus needles for certain procedures when injecting dermal fillers
- Participants will receive supporting forms and templates of consent, policy, and procedures.
Upon completion of this course students will be awarded the Botulinum Toxins and Dermal Filler Certification. They will have access to an aesthetic supplier that is not open to the public to purchase aesthetic equipment and supplies for their medical spa.
Students will have and a 1-year membership with the Cosmetic Nurse Injector Group and will be able to use the protected title CCNI - Certified Cosmetic Nurse Injector after their name.
Register Now by filling out the contact us form or call us at 905-452-8139 as Space Is Limited
Prerequisite: Non-restricted license as a registered nurse, nurse practitioner, licensed practical nurse, or registered practical nurse with the College of Nurses. Non-restricted licensed physician with the college of physicians, registered physician assistant, registered midwives, registered respiratory therapist, and registered dentist. Hepatitis B vaccine.
Registered Nurses and Nurse Practitioners in Ontario must be a member of RNAO.
Registered Practical Nurses and Licensed Practical Nurses must be members of your nursing association.
Flexible start date.
The course is tax-deductible for the full amount paid. Students will receive a tuition tax credit for this course, and they can claim the tuition fees paid through the Canada Revenue Agency - CRA.
Nurses may get reimbursement from their nursing association to the amount of $1500 if they qualify.
Combination Course Packages Available
Certified Cosmetic Nurse Injector Package.
This hands on course includes the Botox, Dermal Filler and Platelet Rich Plasma course. This course is taken over 3 days. Or can be completed online with access for 3months and includes an onsite lab practice mentoring at week 3 or at a time that is convenient for both school and clinician.
The CCNI certification is provided to nurses upon completion of this program. The exclusive use of the Certified Cosmetic Nurse Injector title CCNI after your name and a 1 year membership with the Cosmetic Nurse Injector Group.
The Elite Certified Cosmetic Injector Package
This hands on course is offered over 5 days, the course package includes: the Botox, dermal filler, chemical peel, micro dermabrasion, cosmetic laser, and platelet rich plasma certification.
This program is also offered online and included an onsite lab practice and mentoring at week 3 or at a date that is convenient for the clinician and school Upon completion of this course the student will receive individual certification of each course.
Upon completion of this package, nurses will have the exclusive use of the protected title CCNI after their name and a 1 year membership with the Cosmetic Nurse Injector Group, and the National Association of Holistic Health Practitioners Nahhp
Botox and Dermal Filler treatment available book your appointment now (905) 454-2300.