Botox & Dermal Filler Certificate
This comprehensive, 2-day course in both Botox cosmetic and dermal fillers is open to medical professionals who are interested in administering Botox and dermal fillers in private practice or in a medical aesthetic setting.
This course focuses on the theoretical and practical aspects of cosmetic injectables, including Botox and dermal filler injections. This course is open to medical professionals only, including nurses, practical nurses, physicians, and dentists who want to expand their knowledge and skills in administering cosmetic injectables. Students who have completed the Medical Aesthetic Certificate course for nurses may boost their knowledge skills in administering Botox and dermal filler skin care treatments upon completion of this certification.
Upon completion, you will be prepared as injector of Botox and dermal filler in the growing field of medical aesthetics. Career opportunities include: medi spa, cosmetic clinic, doctors office, dental clinic, plastic surgeons office, and wellness center.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the pertinent anatomy of the face, including musculature, blood vessels, and nerves.
- Prepare Botox Cosmetic for injecting.
- Inject facial musculature with Botox Cosmetic to produce relaxation of targeted muscles.
- Be aware of contraindication to Botox and dermal fillers.
- Assess the face for correctable rhytids, including glabellar lines, crow’s feet, forehead lines, bunny lines, and lips.
- Be aware and learn to avoid side effects of Dysport, Botox Cosmetic, Nuceiva, including ptosis.
- Inject the dermis with temporary hyaluronic fillers that may include Revanesse, Juvéderm, Teosyal, Stylage, Sapha,and Restylane in nasolabial folds, and marionette lines, subject to client assessment.
- Identify and perform facial mapping areas to be injected.
- Be aware and learn to avoid complications of filler injections, including infection, hematoma.
- Optimize your business environment, including supplies, equipment, staff, and paperwork.
- Avoid costly common errors in Botulinum Toxins and Fillers Business management.
- Prepare an emergency kit specific to potential complications.
- Participants will receive supporting forms and templates of consent, policy, and procedures.
Upon completion of this course students will be awarded the Botulinum Toxins and Dermal Filler Certification. They will have access to an aesthetic supplier that is not open to the public to purchase aesthetic equipment and supplies for facial treatment to practice in their medical spa.
Students will have and a 1-year membership with the Cosmetic Nurse Injector Group and will be able to use the protected title CCNI - Certified Cosmetic Nurse Injector after their name.
Register Now as Space Is Limited
Prerequisite: Non-restricted license as a registered nurse, nurse practitioner, licensed practical nurse, or registered practical nurse with the College of Nurses. Non-restricted licensed physician with the college of physicians, registered physician assistant, registered midwives, registered respiratory therapist, and registered dentist. Hepatitis B vaccine.
Registered Nurses and Nurse Practitioners in Ontario must be a member of RNAO.
Registered Practical Nurses and Licensed Practical Nurses must be members of your nursing association.
Flexible start date.
The course is tax-deductible for the full amount paid. Students will receive a tuition tax credit for this course, and they can claim the tuition fees paid through the Canada Revenue Agency - CRA.
Nurses may get reimbursement from their nursing association to the amount of $1500 if they qualify.
Botox and Dermal Filler treatment available book your appointment now (905) 454-2300.