Holistic Health Practitioner Diploma
The Holistic Health Practitioner Diploma focus aims to mobilize the bodies self-healing processes and restore the harmonious working of the physical, biochemical, mind and emotions of the body in response to stress. Holistic practitioners help clients’ accomplish this balance by implementing and encompassing many different natural healing methods which will promote relaxation, circulation, overall improvement and balance the natural rhythms of the body.
This goal of this course is to teach students an integrated approach to health and wellness with skills and techniques in the field of Holistic and complementary health care. This is accomplished through learning holistic healing modalities and hands-on techniques utilized during the class and through case studies.
Topics covered in this course include:
- Anatomy /Physiology- The first step in learning how to care for the human body, is knowing how it is structured, and how it works. This course helps students understands the human body and various systems of the body.
- Stress management and the body response to stress, relaxation, breathing, meditation, visualization is addressed in this course.
- Health and safety, client care,
- Communications, interactions, and care planning.
- Introduction to Nutrition, food and health, the effect and benefits of nutrients, vitamins, supplements & minerals on the body.
- Posture and body mechanic.
- Introduction to therapeutic massage, indication and contraindication of basic message. Body massage using massage therapy techniques such as effleurage, stroking, petrissage, friction and kneading. Aromatherapy, this course consists of the history, effects, benefits, contra-indications, chemistry and classification of essential oils. Carrier oils use, essential oils, blending, measuring, and performing the treatment.
- Hot stone massage, spa treatment.
- Reflexology, this course looks at theory, history and practical application of reflexology. The zones, reflex points and effective pressure point techniques on the body in response to stress will be addressed. The benefits and contraindication will be address
- Energy healing, crystal therapy.
- Setting up a business in Holistic Health
Extra charge: Textbooks, disposable towels/sheets/blanket, aromatherapy essential oils, folding massage table, sterilization supplies and scrubs.
Pre-requisite- A good working knowledge of English comprehension, High school Diploma,
Prior learning may be provided if applicable.
Course duration: 8 months online. This course combines online lectures, modules, video demonstrations techniques, and hands-on case studies that you will find on your own to be completed in the community.
Students will be expected to complete 80 hands-on case studies in the various modalities learnt.
Upon completion of online theory, online test, completion of practical or case studies, and upon passing the final online exam and achieved a grade mark of 70%, students will be awarded the Holistic Health Practitioner Diploma.
Upon completion, Student receives a 1 years membership of the National Association of Holistic Health Practitioners. nahhp.com
Students will receive preferred rates and have the option to apply for liability and malpractice insurance with holisticinsurance.ca
To register for the next online course please fill out the application form and we will contact you upon receipt of your application.
The Course is tax deductible
For information and registration please submit the online form or contact us at 905-965-1966 or 905-452-8139 Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org