Nutrition & Diet Therapy diploma
Be job ready and work as a Nutrition Counsellor, Nutritionist, Holistic Nutritionist, Health and Wellness Coach, or Diet and Nutrition Therapist.
This Nutrition and Diet Therapy Diploma DE online is the only Canadian ministry-approved online Nutrition and Diet Therapy Diploma program that is offered all online. It is open to any potential students who are interested in learning more about nutrition and diet. This recognized online nutrition course qualifies for second career funding for students Canada-wide, so if you are unemployed please contact your employment counsellor for more information in how you can be funded for free in taking this course.
This course addresses the whole person’s nutritional status and needs across the lifespan of the individual. It integrates a holistic approach. Holistic means seeing the person as a whole person and addressing the needs of the individual and not just 1 part. This accredited, online Nutrition and Diet Therapy program allows students the opportunity to gain extensive knowledge in health, nutrition, and diet therapy.
Students will gain an understanding of the interconnectedness between nutrition, health, wellness, and lifestyle in regards to health.
These online course modules integrate body systems in Anatomy and Physiology of the human body, common diseases, and conditions that are impacted by diet and nutrition.
Students will learn how health-related conditions and diseases can be improved using nutrition. Such conditions include: cardiovascular disease, diabetes, obesity, stress, anxiety, fatigue, and digestive problems. Nutrition can largely determine how we look and feel and can also determine whether we will age prematurely or enjoy our lives to the fullest. By studying nutrition, you will be able to promote healthy eating to your clients and enhance overall wellness.
Prerequisites Required: Grade 12 education or equivalent, a good working knowledge of the English language and English comprehension, access and ability to use own computer, First Aid CPR, up-to-date Criminal Reference Check, Hepatitis B Vaccination, TB skin test.
Complete course duration 40 weeks.
Course Content Includes:
- Module 1. Introduction to Food Nutrition, Health Promotion, and Diet therapy
- Module 2. Carbohydrates
- Module 3. Lipids and Fat
- Module 4. Protein, sources of protein, protein essentials in building tissue repair and healing
- Module 5. Digestion System and the process of digestion and Metabolism
- Module 6. Energy and Balance
- Module 7. Vitamins Therapy and vitamins necessary to metabolic process
- Module 8. Minerals
- Module 9. Fluids and Electrolytes and water balance
- Module 10. Nutrition During Pregnancy and Lactation
- Module 11. Nutrition during Infancy, and Childhood
- Module 12. Nutrition in adolescence
- Module 13. Nutrition in Adulthood
- Module 14. Community Nutrition, Food habits and cultural pattern
- Module 15. Weight Management, Nutrition, and Physical Fitness
- Module 16. Food borne Illness
- Module 17. Nutrition Care, Therapeutic Planning Process, Phases of the Care Process
- Module 18. Physical Fitness and Exercise
- Module 19. Gastrointestinal Systems, accessory organs, disorders of the GI tract, and using food group that promotes
- Module 20. Cardiovascular system and diseases of the cardiovascular systems including high blood pressure and heart disease
- Module 21. Endocrine system and diseases of the endocrine system, Diabetes Mellitus, nutrition therapy for the diabetic client
- Module 23. Kidney Disease and function of the urinary system, dietary consideration
- Module 24. Nutrition Support in cancer and Aids patients
- Module 25. Effective communication skills and health promotions
- Module 26. Completion of 10 case studies using the nutrition assessment and treatment plan
Upon completion and passing the online nutrition and diet therapy program, the student will be awarded the Nutrition and Diet Therapy Diploma.
Students will also receive a 1-year membership with the National Association of Holistic Health Practitioners–NAHHP and will be able to use the protected designation of LHHP–License Holistic Health Practitioners.
Course is Tax Deductible
This course qualifies for second career funding by the government.
This course is recognized as a vocational course by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Training Private Career College Act 2005go.
Flexible start date available.
Please Contact us at (905) 452-8139 or submit form below and we will follow up with you.